[pct-l] Snow

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at citlink.net
Mon Feb 26 23:22:09 CST 2007

Marion...you're right.  I'd forgotten that...too caught up in our own little
drama.  The rushing water washed our road out in four places, Dennie drove
into one of them and partially drowned his pickup.  Whitewater canoer I then
gave him a quick lesson in standing waves and what they usually mean.  After
he finished swearing, we found a friend with a bigger truck to come pull him
out, the interior of his p.up finally dried out about three weeks later.
Once the water in our little creek went back down, Dennie and I took a
couple of buckets and went from pool to pool of standing water, scooping up
the trapped trout and dumping them back in the creek.  We were only one step
ahead of a great blue heron, scrounging it's breakfast.
And once all the fish we could find were replaced, I went on a hunt for my
washed-away split rail fence...found all but one railing, replaced it with
one that floated into our yard from somewhere up stream, could tell it
wasn't ours, it was too long.
Georgi