[pct-l] Help w/Transportation

arm chair armchairhiker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 05:27:24 CST 2007

Beth,

That's a hard one to figure. You've pick two areas with little traffic, much
less common traffic. I looked at the bus routes

http://www.sdcommute.com/Rider_Information/routes/EnlargeMap.asp?RtNum=888

and you can get to Campo, but you have to start from at least a town.

The easiest way is to rent 2 cars. More $ but perhaps if you rent from
outside the airport - like El Cajon or La Mesa it might be cheaper.

You might also consider continuing your hike to Mt Laguna the hike from
Cibbits Flats up to Mt Laguna is not far and takes you through some pretty
places and up into the pine trees. Also from Mt Laguna you could more easily
hitch a ride to Pine Valley where there is bus tranportation.

You could leave your car in Pine Valley, take the bus to Campo, hike to Mt
Laguna, hitch down the hiway back to Pine Valley. Pine Valley is at the
bottom of the hill on the only road up to Mt Laguna.  Also you could rent a
cabin at Mt Laguna Lodge to freshen' up. It's a cute place. You could call
them to ask about transportation down the hill to Pine Valley to your car.
They might also have some ideas.

http://www.lagunamountain.com/

You could also park at Mt Laguna, hitch to Pine Valley, bus ride to Campo
and hike back up to Mt Laguna and your car. That seems the best possibility
to me so far.

Here is a picture of a topo with the towns marked on it.

http://www.contentcontinued.com/ads/campolaguna.jpg

best of luck on your travel plans,
- armchair