[pct-l] dip-it for cooking pot handles

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Tue Feb 27 22:39:35 CST 2007

Our evernew cooking pot had a rubber or silicone covering on the pot handles. Over time the covering slid down and was burned away. Now the pot is not easy to handle when it is hot. Evernew does not respond to my emails...so much for customer service.

REI will take it back, but they suggested having the Snap-on Guy dip the handles. We bought a container of "Dip-it" at Home Depot but are concerned about it being heat resistant as opposed to flammable. What do you all think. Shall I use it? Does anyone have a better solution?

Thanks
Marcia