[pct-l] dip-it for cooking pot handles

c.engberg at cox.net c.engberg at cox.net
Wed Feb 28 00:37:37 CST 2007

I wouldn't use the DIY tool dips. The liquid dip is initially very flammable,
although I am not sure once the coating has cured. I have also had tools
get slightly tacky if left in the sun so I think they would melt on a pot handle.
You might instead try the auto parts store- they have spray paint silicone
coatings used to insulate exhaust pipes and thus are both high temp and
flame resistant. I think the name of the company is DEI. Paint in thin even
layers and do as many as you think is necessay. I don't have coated pot
handles but I would think the surface would be similar.

-Chris