[pct-l] Bringing friends to hike part of the trail - could use some suggestions

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Tue Jan 2 18:10:32 CST 2007

Last year I left the border at 6:15 a.m. and I walked into Lake Morena campground at 2:00.  The whole hype of Morena Butte was way overblown in my opinion.  But, I trained significantly in advance and was walking a 20 mile day at least once a week for 4 months prior to my departure.  I still recall my training partner telling me that the hype of Morena Butte was way overblown.  I'm a huge believer in prep before you depart.  Some will say that you can't train for the PCT, but I disagree.

elevator

From: Phil Baily <pbaily at webuniverse.net>