[pct-l] Bringing friends to hike part of the trail - could use some suggestions

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Tue Jan 2 18:19:05 CST 2007

Yeah, if you're in shape it would be a breeze ... but if your feet are still
soft and you hit that hill in the heat of the afternoon under a clear sky,
hype or no hype, it's a challenge.  Our feet were screaming from the first
15 miles before we even hit the climb, that's why it was a problem.

I'd love to be in shape for the trail, but just like last time, I have so
many obligations to meet in order to free up the six months of time and
money that hiking a 20 mile day every week to get ready isn't an option.

Cheers,
Paul