[pct-l] Water filters/purification

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Thu Jan 4 18:24:58 CST 2007

I too remember hanging my Sierra Cup from my belt and drinking
whenever I passed a stream. I also still have my cup but don't carry
it and don't do that any. Anyway, without going into the need for
purification which has been debated ad nauseum here, a pump is not
necessary if you carry chemicals. I am not familiar with Aqua Mira,
but most chemicals require some wait for them to act before you can
drink. Therefore, I choose to use a pump (also a Hiker) which gives
me safe drinkable water as fast as I can pump, but is heavier. I also
have a silt filter on it which helps in cartridge life if you pump
anywhere where there is sand, etc. in the water. Those are my
thoughts, but HYOH and have fun.

Pieces