[pct-l] Sonora Pass to Sierra City permits (?)

Jack Coughlin atspaceman at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 20:54:41 CST 2007

It should not be that painful a process.  Last summer I did the Tahoe Yosemite Trail and passed thru all those wildernesses (except Granite Chief) and did it with a single permit.  You just need to reach the right person explaining that you are looking for a long distance permit.  The basic deal is get a permit from the Wilderness you are starting in and it is good for the rest of the way.  I started in Desolation and with the permit they issued me I was exempt from all the restrictions typical of Desolation.  I did not even have to stick to my start day.  They said it was good for a day or two either way.  The only place anyone actually looked at it was in Desolation and Yosemite and both rangers accepted it as valid.

  Jack PCT 01