[pct-l] New Gear Weight Scale

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jan 6 15:31:34 CST 2007

After being bullied, intimidated,  and harassed by the Extreme Ultra Lighters
and Ultra Light hikers, I went down  to Fry's today and bought an new scale
that measures to the .1 ounce and to  one gram (27 grams to an ounce).  I
refuse to buy one that measures to .1  gram.

The day I have to measure gear  weight to .1 gram is the day I go back to
playing golf and give up  backpacking.  You have to draw the line somewhere.

Anyway, when I got it home I  noticed that I started getting as nutty as they
are.  I started thinking  what is the difference between my painted and
unpainted super light TI tent  stakes?  What would be the difference between just
painting the very top of  a stake fluorescent orange or the whole stake?  How
much does an empty  quart ZipLock bag weigh?  How much do those extra rubber
bands  weigh?

I need professional  help.

Later,  Switchback