[pct-l] Scale Accuracy

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Sat Jan 6 23:14:06 CST 2007

From: "montypct" <montypct at gmail.com>
> > EVERYONE ON THIS LIST ARE BUSTING  MY CHOPS ON THIS STUFF!
> >
> > Switchback the Trail  Pirate
>
> So how much does your new scale weigh?

The special 'help' line was busy...  so, while waiting I weighed my 'old' TH-9802L digital scale...

It weighs 11.0 ounces (11.0 was real easy to read upside-down!) - including batteries, of course...

I've had this scale for about 5 years - paid about $10 (Target, I think)...
Weighs up to 5 pounds at 0.005 lb. increments or 80 ounces at 0.1 oz. increments...
It has a tare button and a mode button (to switch between pounds and ounces)...
Works for me (just a lowly ounce weenie) - no single piece of gear that I carry now comes close to the 5 pound / 80 ounce limit...
For some bulky items (like a down jacket or sleeping bag), I have to put a cookie sheet on the scale first...

Well, back to the phone...  Sure hope the special 'help' line isn't busy all night!

Happy trails!!!