[pct-l] Question about Tents

CuppaJoe cuppajoeat at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 06:42:03 CST 2007

I am currently using a Henry Shires Tarptent. My questions is; will it
suffice on the PCT?

I used it on my AT thru hike and it did me well but the further north I got
it seemed there was less space to stake it out in. Same on my Long Trail
hike in '06.

I am contemplating getting a free stander but if my tarptent will work I
like the weight savings it gives me. I know HS makes the Rainbow but I have
heard it has a fairly large footprint. Has anyone used the Rainbow on the
PCT?

Thanks for your help

Cuppa Joe

--
As you travel down the road of life remember this: There are never enough
comfort stops. The places you're going to are never on the map. And once you