[pct-l] Desert Weather (was: Rides Needed)

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Mon Jan 8 20:32:46 CST 2007

> I agree, but... isn't this where John got terminally lost a couple years
ago?

He went out not just with snow on the ground, but also a good storm bringing
more down, didn't he?

When we hiked that section we read the map wrong and took a steep old road
down to a dry creek thinking it was the side trail to water.  The real
side-trail ended up being a few miles later, very well marked, and led to a
very cool bit of old growth forest - I'm sure you know the one I'm talking
about)

Anyway, that old road down to the creek was very steep - got super cranky
climbing back up after realizing our mistake.

I'm curious, might that have been the path John took?  I can certainly see
it being an easy mistake in bad weather.

Paul