[pct-l] Tips to keep you warm at night

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 11:37:10 CST 2007

A quick and dirty guide to staying warm at night:

1) Dry clothes (as has been mentioned)
2) Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!
3) Make sure your stomach is full, have something to munch on at night
4) As with Radar, I too am a big fan of a balaclava. (Baklava too..but that get's sticky if you wear it...) A balaclava will not only keep your head warm,
but also your neck and most of the face. Keep that heat in! (Hmm..baklava...pistachios, honey, flakey crust...)
5) Ground pad: Make sure it is thick enough. The cold can suck the ground right out of you. A full length pad may
actually be warranted for the other Paul's friend (or am I "the other Paul?")
6) Believe it or not, some quick jumping jacks before going into the bag helps. You are putting out heat which will warm up your bag quickly.

Hope this helps!

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com