[pct-l] The Old Geezer Tribe "T.O.G."

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 16:09:36 CST 2007

>>Well, at 44, I'm firmly in the TOG Tribe.
>>I'm still a youngin' in some circles (Bill...), but if I meet someone
>>older than I on the PCT, I'm surprised!

Well, to be serious (for a change!) most first time thru-hikers  are usually
in the under-25 or over-55 group. Retirees and students. The groups that tend to have
the time available. Looking at Marcia, Ken, GottaGo etc and I think "I can't wait to be 55+! Life
seems cool!" :)

(And having hiked with GottaGo, there's no doubt in my mind who cool she is!)

Repeat offenders? We tend to be oddballs anyway and range all over the map.

On the CDT this past year, it was very much the GenX (30-something, or close to it) crowd for most of the SoBos.
A good chunk of the NoBos were also 30-something too.  Most of us were indeed "repeat offenders"

A tribe of young geezers I tell ya! :)