[pct-l] Grand Canyon Traders, LLC

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jan 13 04:20:22 CST 2007

_gottago at lindajeffers.com_ (mailto:gottago at lindajeffers.com)  writes:

I'm  getting nervous Switchback. Who is it you are going to barter and trade
with  on the GC expedition?  Beware of short sheeted sleeping bags!   Gottago
---------------------------------
I have to admit  that the women who are coming on the Grand Canyon Expedition
in February are  very nice.  In fact, some of them have treated me well and
done favors  for me.  For example, Gottogo gave me a sandwich at the April
Kickoff last  year when I was hungry.  I remember and appreciate Trail Angel
kindness.

But business is business.  I  have a profit margin goal on this expedition.
When we get to the bottom of  the canyon at Phantom Ranch, they all go up for
sale to the local Indians for  some horses, blankets, and jewelry.

It's not that I am cruel or heartless, it is just the American way.  I  am a
product of my civilization and culture.  It is not my fault.  I  was thinking
of an auction on a regular basis each winter in the canyon and  at the April
Kickoff too.  I take my profits and buy more hiking  gear.  That is honorable.
It is not like I am going to do something  shameful like spend my spoils on
wine, women, and song or steal a  hiker's gear.  Cut me some slack.

Your pal and temporary trail partner, Switchback the Trail  Pirate