[pct-l] PCTA Radio Program

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Jan 15 12:40:24 CST 2007

_msaenz at mve-architects.com_ (mailto:msaenz at mve-architects.com)   writes:

This is a great  idea!  My suggestion is to  approach various FM stations
along key points of the trail to broadcast brief  trail beta at key timeslots.
Since I’m more  interested in talk/news broadcasts, I wanted to find an MP3
player that had an  AM receiver (I’m not a radio expert, but I believe AM
transmissions carry  further than FM signals.). But I couldn’t find such a device
that was portable  enough to consider packing. The  Satellite receiver I now have
is a dream come true! And If the PCTA can swing  a short broadcast through
Sirius, say on one of their weather channels, I  would definitely make use of
such a service!
I say the community demand that the PCTA do radio spots during Thru Hiker
season.  Say, from April through October.  I would get a super small  satellite
receiver for Sirius/FM/AM/SW.

During the PCTA radio program, of course I would be available to do  some
SuperSecrets of Backpacking spots too.  :-)

Switchback