[pct-l] 1st experience with the PCT-L

Linda Jeffers gottago at lindajeffers.com
Mon Jan 15 15:14:56 CST 2007

In 2001, while hiking my first long hike on the JMT, I met a southbound PCT
section hiker. We hiked a couple of days together. I noticed some unfamiliar
guidebook pages and data pages he kept referring to. I asked many questions
about the PCT.  When we parted ways, I knew once home, I'd be researching
this trail called the PCT.

September 2001, I found the PCT-L digest forum online. Reading the PCT-L I
found, printed out and devoured the following hiker's journals and
itineraries. I doubt I would ever have had the courage to plan and hike the
PCT without the confidence I derived from reading these resources. I was
soooo anal. I highlighted all their referenced water sources, bear
encounters, "potentially lethal" snowy areas, and other "scary" trail stuff.

Dave and Jerry's 2001 PCT hike - http://members.aol.com/PctTrek/

Brawny's 2001 PCT hike - http://www.trailquest.net/BRpct2001.html

Because the PCT-L resource and hiker's posted websites helped me so much, I
decided to do my own website as a way of giving back. (Also, so I wouldn't
have to write to all my family and friends while on the trail!)

I am most grateful to you Brick, Ryan and all you members. You made hiking
the Pacific Crest Trail possible for me.

Thanks.

Gottago

Brick - You read EVERY post? Wow.