[pct-l] weather

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Mon Jan 15 19:15:52 CST 2007

In the high desert, very close to Section C-13,
the lows for the last three nights were:  18,  15,  19.
the highs during the day have been 38, 37, 40.
Ice (from sprinklers and other leaks)on the ground is not melting, even
in the sun, in the middle of the day.
We aren't running our sprinklers, but we do have water that goes on once
a day to fill the water buckets for our livestock.  We put shop lights
in the sprinkler valve houses, that are on all the time, to prevent the
sprinkler valves from freezing and bursting.  So far it is working.
Plants in my garden, that have survived many winters here,  are dying.
Big Bear reports several inches of new snow, and section D is covered in
white stuff.
Marion