[pct-l] Accessories

Bighummel at aol.com Bighummel at aol.com
Tue Jan 16 21:22:06 CST 2007

I'm in Orcutt doing geology field work, which is like cross-country
day-hiking through manzanita and oak country.  I remembered my rock hammer,  my GPS,
the aerial photos and maps, the water bottle, food & snacks, a hand  lens for
taking a closer look, some rock sample bags, etc., etc.

Now, what does this have to do with PCT hiking?

I forgot two things that would have really made my life easier out here in
this beautiful area;

1) Gaitors
2) Trekking poles

The gaitors would have kept the junk out of my boots.  The trekking  poles
would have made climbing up and down the outcrops soooo much easier.

The good news is, my massive thigh muscles haven't forgotten where they  came
from and have responded like they were 20 years old (but really are  50!).

Wooo whoooo !  I can still hike and climb like I used to and am  looking
forward to some great adventures this year.

Greg