[pct-l] Campo Start Options / fat hands

Steve Courtway scourtway at bpa-arch.com
Wed Jan 17 15:33:40 CST 2007

Ah one of the great debates !   How's Tom R. doin' ?

Also, quite interesting that the use of hiking poles alleviates fat hands as
well, I missed that part of the discussion on here due to.....SKIMMING
probably heh heh.....Lister Mara Factor has a whole page devoted to the
subject and the fact that hiking poles work to alleviate this....I read
quite a bit of debate regarding this issue on an ultra running page, alot of
folks were under the impression it was a deficit in electrolytes or salt.
But a physiologist chimed in discounting this theory.   I may just have to
discard my "hands free" walking approach and pick up some poles.   Maybe
next time I'm fording a stream in sandals carrying my shoes to keep 'em dry
(crossing the inlet to evolution lake in this case) I won't go down and get
swamped !!!

s.c.