[pct-l] Inflammation in the knees during PCT hike

Andres C boogiman_007 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 17:23:37 CST 2007

Anyone here experienced inflammation in the knees while hiking the PCT?
I know dumb question… but
How did you deal with it? Take anti inflammatory pills and move along; stop at a town to have a doctor give you cortisone shot in the knee cap?
Am 25, but years of playing soccer and basketball, have taken a toll on my knees. Am pretty sure inflammation will be something I’ll have to deal with, either by taking pills or getting cortisone shots (if it gets bad enough).
How did previous hikers deal with this type of injury?
Is trying hiking 2,600 miles a good idea when you know your knees are bound to flare up?

dono.

Dre