[pct-l] Detour Energy Bars

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Jan 18 20:04:09 CST 2007

_DON at roel.com_ (mailto:DON at roel.com)  writes:

I have not.  But remember, sometimes while hiking, your blood sugar  can get
very low.  I always carry glucose tablets (sugar pills) on any  hike, long or
just a few hour day hike.  Low blood sugars are far  more dangerous that a
occasional spike.  But then I'm an insulin  diabetic....for over 27 years.
"Diabetic Don" aka '4 times a  day'

You are my hero.  I take 3 shots a day in the stomach  on the trail.  I carry
some glucose orange flavor tablets in my waist  pack.  By snacking and
drinking as I hike, I seem to do well out  there.  Though I have to admit, doing a
15 mile day on the trail is like a  normal hiker doing 30 miles a day.  Very
tough.

Switchback the  Gnarly