[pct-l] Rolling Thunder

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Fri Jan 19 21:08:22 CST 2007

I am having the most unbelievable experience. These past few minutes I've been talking with (e-mailing) RT, John Henzell (class of '06) while he is in Antarctica with Sir Edmund Hillary. He just sent me photos of the Ross Ice Shelf, which is an ice flow about the size of France.

John is there "...covering the New Zealand base in Antarctica's 50th birthday. It was set up by Ed Hillary." (i.e., Sir Edmund to those of us not on a first name basis).  As you can tell I'm awed as a school girl, and, impressed, too! He e-mailed me the most wonderful picture of Hillary. My god - this must be my moment of "claim to fame"!

For those of you not familiar with our friend RT, he is a reporter for a newspaper in New Zealand, though he's actually from Australia.

Just had to share...

are we there yet