[pct-l] JoAnn M/Campy 070120: Sir Edmund

Campy campydog at verizon.net
Sat Jan 20 12:32:22 CST 2007

Hi Jo:

Good Lord, you lucky dog. Could you forward at least the photos to me?
I met Sir Edmund twice in my climbing days, but neither time were these
occasions in the mountains. On one, I was asked by a New Zealand travel
agency to introduce him before lunch at the prestigious Perino's
restaurant during a publicity campaign for his participation in
trans-Antarctic passenger flights with the Australian airline Banff. My
library has several of his books, autographed!

The trans-Antactic flight program came to an abrupt halt when the Banff
airplane crashed.

I saw in the news yesterday that he was on this particular trek.

Be good, and I have news concerning Helga, who knows about her
opportunity to meet with you and your German neighbors. Later,
==^=== Campy