[pct-l] Friends to join for short hike

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Wed Jan 24 09:10:46 CST 2007

I have a couple friends that are considering joining me for a couple days (I
wont allow any longer).  Of course, they want to do it somewhere with the
best scenery they can.  They'd like to do some part of the Sierra - or
perhaps near Tahoe.  They will be traveling by car from So Cal. So no
further north than the Tahoe area.

Here is what I am looking for.  I think my preference would be to put them
on a 1.5 day out and back (they hike with me for 1.5 days then retreat
back).  They hike with me either before the "Sierra proper" or after.  I
would really like to do the main part of the Sierra with other thru-hikers.
I would like to avoid sections where on average it could be very snow bound
and may intimdate the shit out of them.  I know the snow conditions are hard
to predict, but you get the idea - best odds of a beautiful hike without the
worst of the challenges.

Thanks for your feedback.  This will save me hours of scanning the topo's
and guides.  I will take the suggestions and go right to that section.

FYI, I don't have the names of all the stops memorized yet.  So, if you give
me a town name or stop over place - a rough idea of the section or reference
point (e.g. about 100 miles north of Tahoe) would be helpful.

Thanks again.

BillB - Ezhno