[pct-l] Pay Phones

goslowgofar goslowgofar at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 14:56:54 CST 2007

The pay phones are being removed from a lot of places in Yosemite, too.  I was surprised that the one by the entrance station was taken out since there is no cell signal there, and many visitors used it for after-hours campground and lodging information - not to mention the 911 uses. It's a little scary.
  Katy

 <409chevy at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  in Sierra City and the surrounding area there is no cell phone service available, but we do have a pay phone on the porch of the grocery store. ATT took out all the pay phones in out service area and we were told we would have to sign up with a new carrier. We have done this but the cost of service is high for us. Also not sure of the cost to you the phone user but its probably higher than att. Sorry for that but its use this carrier or have no phone.
larry/sierra country store