[pct-l] Food Cache

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Wed Jan 24 16:36:27 CST 2007

I swear I can remember a post from a few years back where some guy
cached his food along the trail (burying it in the dirt and covering it
with rocks, I believe) and when time came when he reached his spots,
animals had dug it up and left a mess of trash he needed to clean up
before he moved on. I think each cache was met in the same condition.

Last I saw, there were notices in the bear boxes along the PCT/JMT
between Vidette and Woods Crossing explicitly prohibiting caching food
in them. It's not nice to piss off a Ranger...

Hitch in and get a cold beer, a hot shower, a pizza and meet up with
other hikers (perhaps not, but maybe, in that order).

Michael  Saenz
Associate Partner

MVE & Partners, Inc. | Architecture + Planning + Interiors
Irvine + Oakland + Honolulu

1900 Main Street, Suite 800 | Irvine, California 92614-7318 | T
949.809.3388 | www.mve-architects.com