[pct-l] Esbit vs. Alcohol and some canister notes

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 24 20:53:59 CST 2007

or in case of wood fire stove ban, which I've
never encountered, so  I've never used the backup and on the way up to
a bald spot (no fuel) I just pick up a bit of sticks and bark for the
zip stove along the way...doesn't take much...no problem.

Burning wood in some areas of the Sierra is prohibited above 9600' perhaps
because of slow regrowth or preventing the deadwood nutrients of decomposing
back into the  this soil.18 oz is a lot! How much will the ti zip weigh?

YMMV
Marcia