[pct-l] Loading GPS Data while mid-PCT

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Sun Jan 28 08:02:02 CST 2007

Maybe Pooh's Corner, or Georgi's at the "hostel" in Old Station.  Of  course,
you'd have to ask them.

Sly

In a message dated 1/28/2007 5:24:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
billbatch at cox.net writes:

I have  been considering carrying my little GPS.  I have lots of good  sources
for thousands of GPS waypoints.  Anyone know of an easy way to  load
waypoints into a Garmin GPS - mid PCT.  I was thinking of a  software that
might be self contained on a CD.  Include the software  and data files on a
CD and put it in the bounce box.  Then I could  find any available PC on
occasion and load up the next section of  data.  However, all the programs
that I know of are not self  contained.  That is to say that they need to be
"installed" onto the  PC to operate.  My preference would be not to have to
install (public  computers wont allow it).

Any ideas?