[pct-l] Loading GPS Data while mid-PCT

stillroaming pct at delnorteresort.com
Sun Jan 28 19:42:16 CST 2007

If you have a PDA with an SD-Card slot you can use that to load your GPS;
literally mid-trail. If you have something like a Palm Treo which is a Cell
Phone/PDA combo, then you are all set. Otherwise, just drop your PDA in your
drift box.

Scott Parks

I have been considering carrying my little GPS.  I have lots of good sources
for thousands of GPS waypoints.  Anyone know of an easy way to load
waypoints into a Garmin GPS - mid PCT.  I was thinking of a software that
might be self contained on a CD.  Include the software and data files on a
CD and put it in the bounce box.  Then I could find any available PC on
occasion and load up the next section of data.  However, all the programs
that I know of are not self contained.  That is to say that they need to be
"installed" onto the PC to operate.  My preference would be not to have to
install (public computers wont allow it).

Any ideas?

BillB
<<<<