[pct-l] Big Agnes Carbon Fiber Tent Poles

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Tue Jan 30 19:05:02 CST 2007

The Big Agnes SL1 tent served me very well on my 2006 thru hike.  After testing one of the cottage industry tarp tents last year, I decided I had no desire to make the trade-off between weight and comfort.  I may be less sensitive to weight as I frankly can't tell the difference between a 1.2 lb tent and a 2.2 lb tent when it is strapped to my pack.  For me, it really didn't matter and I had no problems with pulling the miles required to complete a 4.5 month thru-hike.   I guess I will always be a lightweight hiker rather than an ultra-light hiker because I can't see myself obsessing about weight as some folks seem to do.

Jeff

From: Hiker97 at aol.com