[pct-l] Seedhouse Design

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 07:54:14 CST 2007

_montypct at gmail.com_ (mailto:montypct at gmail.com)  writes:

Just saw the Big Agnes being  displayed tonight.  The owner said it was 2
lbs. 2 ozs.  Great  tent.  Best thing I've seen in the regular commercial flow by
far.   That 360 degree view is awesome.

------------------------------------
The  only thing I would change in the Seedhouse SL is to make it a side entry
 tent.  Something like the Hubba tent.  But the Hubba is too  heavy.  If the
TNF came out with a super light Hubba model, then that would  be something to
look at too in netting tents.

The  Seedhouse does not even need staking down if you do not want to.  The
only times I can think of doing staking is in a strong wind or if the fly is
used.  Outside of that, I cannot think of a reason to stake  it.

At MountainLaurelDesigns.com (when  they come back up at their website) they
have the lightest netting tent I have  ever seen.  It is not freestanding, but
weighs something like 7 ounces  without a fly (you would use some type of
tarp system over it if  needed).

Cheers,  Switchback