[pct-l] Bear Cannisters

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 20:40:54 CST 2007

Hey Jeff

Doesn't this all sound a little familiar............ like 30 days ago.

Here's what I posted to add to what you also posted then and today.  :)

>Also for the Muir and Ansel Adams Wilderness farther north:
"a.. Proper food storage is required to avoid having bears and wildlife eat
your food. Use bear canisters, bear resistant panniers, or the 'bear hang'
method to properly store your food and refuse. "

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sierra/recreation/wilderness/wildregs.shtml

And Yosemite:
Don't camp close too Donahue Pass (above 9600 feet).
Don't camp within seven miles of the road at Tuolomne Meadows.
There's bear boxes near the store in the campground.

http://www.nps.gov/archive/yose/wilderness/bfoodstorage.htm

Seven miles north of Tuolomne there are no requirements.

 For example,