[pct-l] Lightweaight vs. ultra lightweight

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 21:42:47 CST 2007

Hey Carl
I don't obsess either.  I'm just very, very, very, very, very, very, very
thorough.

It's amazing how a seemingly normal backpacker can spend a few years going
lightweight and then spend a few years developing skills as an ultralighter
and then be so stupid as to prefer ultralight.   Must be a case of all these
guys being confused by too much experience with all phases, too many facts.
Then, even though they have plenty of experience as midweight and
lightweight backpackers, they don't have enough common sense to return
totally to midweight or lightweight backpacking.  Must be because they are
blinded by facts, because it often seems that those without the same
experience and facts are able to clearly see what's wrong with ultralight
and ultralighters.

Warner Springs Monty
5 lb. thru-hike in 2007