[pct-l] Monkey Business

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 21:51:37 CST 2007

Steel-Eye writes:

They  were asleep in a large, family-sized, tent early one morning when
suddenly it  started to collapse and was nearly shaken apart amid a whole bunch of
commotion.  When he looked outside he saw a band of monkeys were climbing
out the limb of an adjacent tree, jumping onto the side of the tent, and  having
a great time slippery-sliding to the ground, only to race back up the  tree
to do it
again.
I have had some really strange  experiences with monkeys in Africa too.  I
have been out on the trail solo  in Kenya and had monkeys ambush me.  All
because I had some popcorn with me  for trail snacks.  They had me surrounded by the
scores with more  coming every second.  I escaped to be harassed later by a
bunch of  hippos.

Switchback the  Korny