[pct-l] Fires.

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sun Jul 1 12:07:39 CDT 2007

In my local newspaper Friday, there is an article from the Associate
Press about the Tahoe fire and who is responsible. Reportedly many
homeowners in the burned area are blaming the Tahoe Regional Planning
Agency for its restrictions on cutting trees and restricting brush
clearing. Such regulations are to prevent erosion of silt into Lake
Tahoe from land disturbed by tree cutting and brush clearing. Since 2004
the agency has reportedly made fire safety a priority.
How much is the agency really to blame and how much is others' blame
remains to be seen. However a local politician, Republican State Senator
Dave Cox appears to be taking advantage of the situation to promote his
agenda.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>