[pct-l] Oregon PCT

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 22:17:21 CDT 2007

I went up to Mt. Hood yesterday for a geology
field trip.  The trip focused on flood damage
visible along roads and highways lower on the
mountain and not up high where the PCT is.  Based
upon what I learned about how the storm front
passed over Mt. Hood and upon what I observed on
the lower mountain, I believe the PCT going from
US 26 to Timberline Lodge, which more or less
follows a ridge, should be okay.  I wouldn't
anticipate any major problems until after the PCT
leaves the Timberline Trail and begins to drop
toward the Columbia Gorge.

-Nathan Miller
Newberg, OR