[pct-l] The Last (?) Nobo Thru of 2007

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu Jul 5 13:09:41 CDT 2007

His name is Morgan, and he could not be dissuaded (I tried) from continuing north from Agua Dulce today in 100+ degree temps.  He seems to be holding up okay in the heat so far, but what he's seen in the high deserts is nothing compared to what will be encountered in the lower Mojave in the long stretch to Kennedy Meadows.  He promised to bail if it got too rough, and that he would commence night-hiking.

We hadn't seen a nobo thru for several weeks, and I suspect that Morgan will be profoundly alone out there in brutal conditions. He started June 4, and had to take four days off to attend his college graduation, so he's making good time.

>From the most recent water report, there should still be water in the caches.  I pray that it is so.

L-Rod