[pct-l] Oregon section hike

Steve Fosdick hikin_steve at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 11:55:47 CDT 2007

Zach,

  Greetings from Hollywood, California. I used to live in Salem, and I did a 55 mile hike in Oregon in July, 2006. Here's a link to some of my photos:

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/85748062@N00/sets/72157594212220821/

  I had a great time, and I also could not find anyone to go with me, so I went solo, starting at Highway 22 (near Hoodoo) and hiked North to Ollalie Lake. I was planning on going to Mt. Hood, but ended early due to injuries to my feet (my shoes were too small ... ended up loosing both large toe nails about 1 week following the hike).

  I really enjoyed the section through Jeff Park, except the mosquitoes were enough to drive me crazy! I think the spray I was using was more of an attractant than a repellent!

  Good luck on your hike, and make sure you take a camera along!

  Hikin_Steve