[pct-l] About how many thru hikers per year

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu Jul 5 15:49:20 CDT 2007

Because of all the snow in the Sierras (and in the PNW) last year, the bulk of the hiker pack was still in California in July.  There was a massive crowd in Independence for last year's 4th of July, with the main pack just a few weeks north of there.

This year is quite different, to say the least.

L-Rod