[pct-l] cost of through hiking

Junaid Dawud jdawud at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 22:06:37 CDT 2007

Steve,

I carried my atm card and anywhere from $0-200 cash.
I never used travelers checks, but I'm sure some did.
If you want to send yourself funds in resupply boxes,
consider postal money orders (you'll already be at the
PO).  $4000-$5000 is quite reasonable when you
consider how much money you would spend during the
same amount of time in the world of man. And you'd
always rather have too much money than not enough.

Your passport will only be needed for canada since the
trail nevr enters Mexico.  Send your passport and
canadian entry permit to Stehekin.