[pct-l] The PCT - Why so many lists?

Paul Martin Smith paulmartinsmith2004 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 16:30:21 CDT 2007

Great question:

 I’m also from the A.T. world and “whiteblaze” is a wonderful resource with
healthy, on-topic discussions as well as a fantastic, easy to search archive
for hikers. I accessed it for may years both as a contributor and as a user.

I post to “adventuresonthepct” by Magnet and I’m disappointed at the low
traffic volume on that site. Its is modeled after whiteblaze with the same
layout and it COULD be just as effective. It is simply not well known.

At the moment I  have to post to three mailing lists and update the PCTA trail
conditions site as well as monitor all five traffic points for alerts on a
daily basis.
I would be very pleased if someone came up with a method of consolidating all
these traffic schemes.

IMHO: PCT-L gets used for a lot of low grade traffic that would be better off
in a forum.

PMS