[pct-l] The Switchback-pack

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Jul 11 23:29:30 CDT 2007

_losthiker at sisqtel.net_ (mailto:losthiker at sisqtel.net)  writes:  I have been
carrying the infamous  "one of only one" ULA Switchback pack (P1) on several
grand adventures this  year. I took it on a first person of the year trip into
Marble Valley and  first 2007 ascent of Marble Mtn in mid May. Then I took it
on a first crossing  of the PCT in the Trinity Alps in late May. This week I
carried it deep into the  heart of the Trinity ALps going xc across glaciers,
fending  off bold bears, and stumbling across endless boulder fields. I feel
honored to be carrying your pack, Brian's pack, and now my pack on my
adventures. It is a small bond that we share of true wilderness adventure to the
bitter end. In August I will  carry it on a long trip on the PCT from Sonora Pass
to Sierra City, sections  JKL, the Jackal section.

Since you bought my former pack at the April Kickoff Silent Auction, you
have had much fun with it.  I am now going to count all the trail  mileage and
adventures in my resume too.  Since it is my former pack with  my name on it,
this is only fair and right.  I want you to climb Mt.  Everest with it too.  I
have always wanted to do that.

I thank you.

Switchback, Conqueror of Mt. Everest