[pct-l] AT thru hike advice

Bob Bob rew_us at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 22:15:56 CDT 2007

I finished my section hike of the whole PCT last year
and  am looking at hiking the AT in two pieces.
Starting in September I am thinking of going from
Harpers Ferry, W. VA to Springer Mountain, GA.  Can I
do this with no food mail drops?  I just bought my
food along the way on the PCT except for a few places.
 Also I will be on the trail during hunting season in
the south.  Is this safe or should I wear orange?  Any
other advice for a PCT hiker doing the AT?
Pika