[pct-l] Just Curious ...

Brian McLaughlin bmclaughlin at bigplanet.com
Thu Jul 12 23:31:28 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----

> ...why not get behind Magnet's efforts and endorse
> adventureonthepct.com as a core reference site for
> the PCT ??

For me, the '.com' makes me leery. Why should any
commercial enterprise be "endorsed" by PCT hikers
or non-profit organizations like the PCTA as being
"official"? I hate this kind of endorsement, even when
the commercial enterprise pays for the privilege.

As for 'getting behind it', that seems harmless enough,
but I would be much more interested in asking 'why'
rather than 'why not'? That doesn't mean I have a closed
mind on that question. I am perfectly willing to listen to
the answer as to why I should get behind this site, and
I'd consider consider lending my presence or my
knowledge, if it seems like a worthwhile effort.

So, I'll ask it: why get behind that site?

Happy hiking!