[pct-l] Comfy camper

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Jul 17 11:18:04 CDT 2007

Unsupported writes:?I? MUST? SAY? SWITCHBACK,? you do know how to camp in comfort.......Luxurylite pillow, Thermo Rest Trekker pillow case, Luxurylite umbrella, REI carbon poles, Pedometer, state of the art hiking cloth, silk underwear, gourmet food, exotic drinks.....did I omit anything?

Yes, I am a trail dandy.? I admit it.? I eat Mary Jane foods and drink cold lemonade.? Jiffy Pop is often seen as an evening treat at my campsites.? Only the best gear and low trail miles are my goals.? I started my section hike of the PCT in 1970 and have about 20% of it completed.? I figure it is coming along very nicely.? No problem.?

Then when I get tired of relaxing out on the trail, I go into trailtowns to rampage and create some excitement.? AYCE food bars are plundered to a zero profit margin, king sized beds are flattened, and motel Jacuzzis require professional cleaning.

Yes, it is a great life to be a trail pirate.? Hosting/helping?hikers along the trail is part of the brotherhood.? Whatever we can do to?assist others with their hikes is positive.? It is not forced on others, just offered.

I thank you for your attention.

Switchback the Trail Dandy