[pct-l] Happy Camp-Klamath NF Fires

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Wed Jul 18 00:45:33 CDT 2007

Hi Deems!

Very glad that you and your home are safe!  And I certainly hope it stays that way through the
remainder of the fire season, also!!

Fire restrictions for Klamath NF via InciWeb link http://inciweb.org/incident/announcements/article/800/4075/
indicates that "Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire except in the
designated recreation sites shown on Exhibit A. 36 CFR 261.52(a)" is prohibited...
The Marble Mountains Wilderness is NOT listed (but Trinity Alps and Russian wilderness areas are
listed) - so it appears that no campfires or stoves are currently allowed in the Marbles...
As of yesterday, the Klamath NF website showed "no incidents or restrictions", but tonight it says
"Currently being updated, please check back shortly"...  Hopefully clarification is soon to follow...

Highway 96 between Hwy. 263 (old Hwy. 99 near I-5) and Scott River Road has "been reopened to
all motorists" - at least for the moment - per InciWeb http://inciweb.org/incident/814/...

Everyone, please...  Hike safe and  'eat cold'...  The forest fuel conditions are very dry in far NorCal!

I will be flying in to Sacramento late July 23rd and driving up to Sawyers Bar (over Etna Summit)
early July 24th...  I'll then check latest info and report to the pct-l and PCT2007 unless someone else
reports same info in the meantime...

Happy trails!!!
Jim

btw, Deems, your excellent Trinity Alps pics brought back many fond memories of both Grizzly Lake
and Mirror Lake (via L Lake and 'Kalmia Pass') trips from years gone by!  Many thanks!!  Papoose
Lake and Boulder Creek Lakes were also some of my favorite spots when I lived in Redding...