[pct-l] Lassen.

LumberJack themtgoat at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 01:46:32 CDT 2007

Sean in Lassen;

There are basically two points for thru hikers in Lassen.
Hwy 36 crossing (if they want to go into Chester)
and Old station, where the trail is very close to the post office.

There is also a couple of hidden points, I have found in the last couple of years.
If you are looking for Thru hiker traffic, Hwy 36 is the best bet.
If you go to Willows lake, there is a trail there that will take you
to Terminal geiser , in just two miles, and also onto the PCT.
a 4th point is there is a couple of trails before you get to Drakesbad Resort.
They may make for an interesting loop. Or finally you could drive into Drakesbad to catch hikers.

As for a getting them something to drink/ or trail angeling, I think Hwy 36 is your best bet.

I may see you on the trail somewhere this Saturday,
as I plan to do another loop hike
in Lassen. -Lumberjack-

Sean Nordeen wrote:
Hi everyone,

I will be backpacking around Lassen Volcanic Nation Park
starting this weekend through the next weekend.  I've noticed
on Trail Journals that some of this years hikers are likely
 to be in the area.  Though I plan to be hiking myself most of the time,
I should be able to look for hikers needing rides/gatoraid for
part of the time I'm there.  What road crossings/towns are the most
common for hikers to be at looking for a ride to/from trail
so I know where to keep an eye out for them?

-Sean Nordeen