[pct-l] Portland to Lolo Pass

mark v allemande6 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 14:28:57 CDT 2007

pct-ers,

I'm looking for either a ride or advice on how to get
from Portland to Lolo Pass (section G) sometime during
the day or evening of Monday, 8/6.  I have a hike
planned from there that will take me around Mt. Hood
and then through all of section G, where   i know i
can get back to Portland pretty easily.  It's
important to start from near Lolo Pass because i need
to check out the closure on the Timberline Trail
before i committ to going all the way around the
mountain.

Ideas?  Anyone heading that way?  Want to join?  This
is my PCT '08 "trial run,"  so the point is try out
new gear, do at least partly solo to see how i feel,
and put in 20 mile days to see how my feet do.

thanks!
markv