[pct-l] sections P and Q

David Hough on pct-l pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 22 18:06:31 CDT 2007

I just finished the last 40 miles of P and almost all
of section Q (the road walk to Seiad Valley will have
to await another opportunity).

Through hikers encountered included Thirstyboots,
Silver, Backtrack, Scatman, Ultrabright, Yogi, and
Mike T.

Section hikers included Hansel and Gretel and others
whose names I didn't get.

They were all looking better than I was.    The trail
in section Q is older and rougher than many other
parts
and I wasn't up to 20 mile days.

Most everybody spent a day in Etna.    I can
recommend the Motel Etna, Bob's Ranch House, and
the Trailhead.     Others spent time in the brewpub.
There was a bluegrass festival this weekend
(and every year about this time) but the
hikers I met on the trail missed it.

Photos will appear eventually in

http://pcnst.oakapple.net/photo/nc-pct/p/
http://pcnst.oakapple.net/photo/nc-pct/q/

and might be organized in a few days or else a few
years (I still have unorganized photos from 2004).